After considering 10 models and interviewing a dozen of active streamers, we think the Behringer Xenyx 1204USB is the best and most reliable audio mixer. Upgrading your setup with this device can make a huge difference in the quality of the stream. Most beginners tend to invest heavily in video and often underestimate the potential effect of smooth audio. A good mic-mixer pair could easily become your best investment in terms of attracting followers and subs.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- Up to 4 mono channels with premium XENYX mic preamp
- Allows you to use Discord/Teamspeak on a different system
- Best fit for live-streaming, vlogging and podcasting
Everybody knows Twitch as a live streaming video platform that allows broadcasting of playing games, eSports competitions, creative content, and “in real life” streams that have been recently added to the list. The competition is very tough on Twitch. As each streamer does its best to gain as many viewers as possible, and turn the subscriptions into a revenue. That is why streamers spend lots of money on special equipment to create smooth broadcasts. You might think that I am talking about video equipment but the sound of high quality is also extremely important. Let’s catch out why a headset microphone is not enough for your streams anymore, and why you should invest in audio mixer immediately.
What is the Best Audio Mixer for Streaming
The best audio mixer is surely that one which improves the sound quality of your stream. Quite obvious but important to mention. You should not forget that some of your viewers do not watch your live stream and just listen to it in the background. In this case, gaming does not matter, the sound does.
It is quite objective to call some audio mixers the best. However, there is a number of features that really pick out a good mixer.
- The device should have several inputs for different audio signals.
- The device should have an option to set each of the various tracks individually.
- The mixer of your choice should have a USB port.
- Make sure that there is an area with advanced effects.
- Simple and flexible in use device.
- Connection options for XLR microphones.
- An opportunity to connect to other devices, an IPad, for example.
- Ideally, the mixer should have a meter which displays the output of each channel.
- Make sure that the mixer is low-noise.
- A reliable device that is great value for money.
To cut a long story short, you know better what kind of mixer will suit the best for you personally and will be able to meet your needs and goals set. Select that one which combines several features and promises sonic fidelity to create the best audio possible.
How to Choose the Best Mixer for Twitch Streaming
I may assume that the best mixer for Twitch streaming is the one which does not fail to create a high-quality sound. But how to recognize that one and only among a thousand?
- Spy on your favorite streamers, and try to find that sound which completely satisfies your needs.
- Look through Amazon or other related websites, and make a selection of the best mixers with the features you are striving for.
- Read reviews of other users who have already bought this kind of devices or find the pieces of advice on YouTube.
- Keep in mind that marketing can play weird tricks on you. Follow common sense when choosing the device, not emotions or affection for a well-known brand.
- Read the previous part of this article, and find out the features that each perfect mixer should have. Based on this info, you will never miscalculate.
Alongside with mixers, there are audio interfaces. They have fewer options and settings. However, they have got an ability to transmit separate signals to the PC where you can make some editing with software. The choice usually depends on your working method. For those streamers who make a part of Music & Performing Arts category on Twitch, the audio interface will not be sufficient.
Best Audio Mixers for Streaming
It is a state-of-the-art 12-Input 2-Bus USB mixer that promises premium-quality sound. Alongside with an opportunity for live gigs, it is perfectly designed for making professional-quality recordings. It has got a low-noise operating system, four XENYX mic preamps, studio-grade compressors with super-easy ‘one-knob’ functionality, and neo-classic “British” 3-band EQs. If somebody cares, this mixer got its name from a legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world.
This toy is destined for those adults who would like to get premium sound in a compact module. I suppose everybody wants. One of the features that is beloved by users is that this mixer has sliders instead of knobs for volume control. Sliders usually provide a smoother adjustment. The mixer can boast of four high-quality Xenyx preamps, musical-sounding British EQs, one-knob compressors. It is a cool unit both for live gigs and USB recording. With quality microphones, you will have a very clear mix that listeners are likely to think you are sitting in the same room.
It is a valuable finding for streamers and casters who are going to use several microphones at one blow.
This is a quite cheap mixer that will perfectly suit beginners of streaming. It can be easily connected to your computer via USB or Bluetooth. There are XLR/TRS combo inputs and 3-band EQ for added processing. This mixer can also boast of portable design and removable knobs. It is combined with Voicemeeter Banana or similar mixing software very well. Pyle mixer can use phantom power and includes a neat 16-setting reverb FX option. There is one disadvantage – there are no microphones mute buttons. You will have to use a switch on your mic or turn the level knob on the mixer all the way down.
When it comes to music equipment, lots of us recall Yamaha. This very mixer has got a very sleek and durable design and is of good quality. It is a 10-channel USB mixer with Class-A D-PRE preamps, 3-band EQs, 1-knob compressors, and a high-quality, SPX Digital multi-effects processor.
Some of the users complain about intermittent crackling coming through the headphones. It doesn’t show up on recordings but can cause inconveniences to a streamer.
It is a portable device for impeccable live sound with a consumption of 20 watts. It has got high-quality Mackie Vita Preamps, a powerful effects engine, a unique graphic EQ, and USB recording/playback in the package. There are also two microphone inputs and four line inputs. It is an excellent variant for smaller live setups.
Choosing a mixer for streaming on Twitch can seem really challenging. However, put all your requirements together, and a long list with various mixers on Amazon will not appear infinite anymore. Always keep in mind that a high-quality sound is half of success in your streaming career. May a perfect mixer be found as soon as possible!