Well, have you graduated from casually scrolling the For You page and liking random TikTok to, maybe, wanting to create your own TikTok videos to share with the public? Then you definitely need to add a couple of best TikTok filters to your video to engage more likes and followers.
Types of Tik Tok filters
There are two types of filters in this app: filters and effects.
- FiltersFilters are similar to Instagram filters that apply to the video (or photo) to modify the color and overall look and feel. They basically come in different colors and coloring options. By default, you have four filter categories: Portrait, Landscape, Food, and Vibe.
- EffectsThe Effects category is different. It’s located to the left of the Record button. Here, you can have some real fun. Here are the main TikTok Effect categories: Trending, New, Interactive, Editing, Beauty, Funny, and World.
By using one of the effects, you can completely change the look of your video by whitening your teeth, changing your hair or eye color, or even applying some surrealistic special effects (like in Facebook messenger when you have a video call with your pal.).
You need to pick some of the effects before starting your video.
However, there is also a different set of effects that you can apply to your video after the recording is done. That’s where you can choose among Visual, Effects, Transition, Split, and Time. If you want to add fireworks to your record, that’s where you will find it.
What are the best TikTok filters?
When creating a TikTok, don’t forget to tap the Beauty ON button on the right of the Camera screen to essentially beautify your selfies in real-time by applying a beauty filter.
We also recommend using the following filters to enhance your record:
Did you know that filters may improve your video by making your eyes and skin look better? Yes, sounds amazing but there are certain tools that will help you to look tan as well as, filters for brown eyes, for blue eyes, for green eyes, for brown skin, or even for the sun.
Try to experiment with the pitch-black eye filters on your next TikTok video.
This is our top-effects list that you can use next time before you start your record:
By using a green screen option, you can easily change the background by uploading any picture. It can be an Eiffel Tower in Paris or a sunny beach, the choice is yours.
If you want to emphasize certain details in your video, this is a super effect to use in this case.
This is a Halloween special for all who love this holiday.
In case you think that your teeth could be whiter in the video, that’s what you need – a popular beauty effect.
Tap on the face with colorful hair and select from the hair color you want.
Are you ready to participate in the facetime challenge?
Could you imagine seeing dozens of your twins? Give it a try with this face filter.
How to use TikTok filters?
TikTok effects are used by both the casual user and popular social media influencers to make their videos more engaging and entertaining.
Here’s our guide for you on how to add video effects and filters on TikTok:
When creating a video tap the Filter button on the right of the Camera screen to add a filter that changes the look of your video. Also, on the Preview screen, you can go to Effects and then select Visual, Effects, Transition, Split or Time effect to add even more filters to your recording.
- Click on the big red button to start your video.
- Tap Filter on the right of the Camera screen.
- Hit the Checkmark button when done recording. You’ll be brought to a Preview screen where you can add more effects and filters.
- The TikTok app will show you a live preview of your video with a timeline underneath it. Drag the white marker to where you would like an effect to start. (If you want to place an effect over the entire video, leave the white marker at the beginning.)
- Available TikTok effects will be featured as circle icons under the timeline. The default effect category is Visual. You can swipe left or right to browse this list and find one that you like.
- To view effects from other categories, tap the category name under the circles.
- Once you find an effect that you want to try, perform a long tap on its icon to apply it.
- In the upper-right corner of your video preview, you should see a Filters menu. A variety of filters will appear along the bottom of the screen. Tap one to view a live preview of it on your video.
- While the filters are sorted by categories, you can use any of them on any video. For example, it’s completely fine to use a filter from the Food filter category on a shopping video.
- Drag the white dot to decrease or increase the intensity of the TikTok video filter. Once you have your TikTok video looking the way you want, tap it to close the Filters menu.
- You can now play the video back to see how it looks. If you’re not happy with the results, tap the arrow icon which should now be visible under the timeline to undo it.
- Repeat with as many effects as you like in other parts of your TikTok video or even over the top of existing ones. (Usually, only one TikTok effect from the Sticker category can be used per video. Other effects can be used over these types of effects though.)
- Tap Next when you’re done editing your TikTok to proceed to the Post screen.
How to get more filters on TikTok
If you think that there are not enough filters and effects in TikTok or you cannot find the one that you really like, you can take a look at other apps that have their own sets of filters. After you edit your video within one of the 3rd party apps, you can simply upload and post it on TikTok.
Here is our list of the apps that you may like.
It not only lets you trim your videos, change aspect ratios, add overlays, elements, PIP effect, but also add different filters.
There is a desktop version of this app, but also iOS and Android versions for your smartphones and tablets.
Magisto lets you edit your videos (and photos), add music, effects, and trim them for various length formats. It’s as simple as choosing the footage, selecting the editing style, and adding music.
Although it’s perfect for TikTok, Magisto can help you come up with brilliantly edited videos for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Magisto has a desktop, Android, and an iOS version.
This is a simple, straightforward app that will help you add subtitles, music, and sound effects as well as adjust video speed. It will definitely make your TikTok videos unique and grab your followers’ attention.
Videoshop lets you merge clips, add various filters, cut video parts, add transitions, and much more. Overall, this app will help you improve your video in a variety of ways.
The app is available on iOS and Android devices.
VivaVideo is all about the visual aspect of your TikTok videos. You can easily add various themes, filters, transitions, stickers, and texts.
If you’re looking for a quick tool that expands on TikTok’s editing and filter options, you’ll love this Android and iOS app.
VideoShow is a no-duration-limit app for your TikTok videos. This program allows you to merge, split, edit, rotate, blur, duplicate, and zoom in your videos. It also brings video speed adjustment and voice narration speed. There are more than 50 themes included that allows you to make slideshows, music videos, and many other great options.
This free video editor is as simple as they get. You can choose a video style, as well as customize your video by adding frames, texts, emojis, and similar effects and filters.
It is a video maker that consists of numerous video effects. It also provides tons of video templates and royalty-free background music. As you use this program, you will be surprised by its amazing user-interface. You can add captions, filters, and effects to your Tik Tok video.
If you want to be in tune with modern technologies and make really fun and quality TikTok videos, then using multiple filters and effects is a must.