If you have a desire to start a career of streamer or gamer, the first thing you need to care about is equipment. There are lots of tools and devices that should make part of “the professional streamer kit” such as wireless routers, a green screen, state-of-the-art lighting, comfortable chair, and lots more. An ethernet cable is one more indispensable thing that must definitely be in the aforementioned kit. As the high percentage of success in streaming is maximum speed and stable connection, the best ethernet cable for Twitch streaming is the connector you need.
After conducting hands-on testing, spending hours examining various ethernet cables and trying to clear up their ins and outs, we consider CAT 8 Ethernet Cable the best option for gaming and streaming in 2022. As the ethernet cable is a low-cost solution that will not hit your budget, we recommend to look at LAN Switch and also powerline for more quality and flawless streaming and to purchase all at once.
Before setting off for buying ethernet cable for streaming, you should be aware of its different categories: CAT 5, CAT 5e, CAT 6, CAT 6a, CAT 7, CAT 7a, and CAT 8. The latter is the newest and certainly advanced cord that will obviously suit your all streaming requirements.
Comparing to previous models, CAT 8 is a significant and noticeable upgrade with a higher performance which is a few steps ahead of its predecessors.
CAT 8 Ethernet Cable
- fast and stable speed (40Gbps data transmitting speed)
- connectable to LAN/WAN segments and networking gear at maximum speeds
- standard bandwidth – 2000MHz
- universal compatibility with the predecessors (CAT 7/CAT 6/CAT 5E/5), AI smart products, as well as PS4, Xbox, and others
- made of 4 pairs shielded twisted pair of copper wires with two RJ45 connectors on each end
- suitable for the inside or outside usage
Length: 100 ft
Size: 82FT / 25M 1 Pack CAT 8 Cable Black
All the features mentioned above make CAT 8 Ethernet Cable the best ethernet cable for Twitch streaming. Using 2 GHz signals to move data from 25 Gbps (CAT 8.1) to 40 Gbps (CAT 8.2), this novelty is powerful and long-lasting.
GLANICS CAT 8 Internet Network Cord
- transmitting speed up to 40 Gbps
- Gold Plated RJ45 Connector and the anti-interference shielded twisted pair conductors
- bandwidth up to 2000MHz
- new environmental protection material and the latest technology
- tearing line inside that protects LAN cable, and prevents any breakages
Length: 100 ft
OD: 6.5mm(0.24in) – Color: Black
1x CAT 8 Ethernet cables
1 x Cat 6 Connectors
30 x Cable Clips
GLANICS CAT 8 Internet Network Cord is believed to provide you the best experience of Internet surfing, streaming, and gaming. It is faster than its predecessors but is still compatible with each of them. One of the distinguishing features of this cord is as it is more durable due to the new environmental protection PVC material.
Glanics CAT 8 Ethernet Cable 5 ft, High Speed SSTP LAN RJ45 Cord
- durable and stable
- exceptional performance due to the bandwidth up to 2000 MHz and breathtaking speed up to 40 Gbps
- RJ45 connector that is suitable for the most electronic equipment
- compatible with CAT 5, CAT 6, CAT 6a and CAT 7
- 5 ft length
- affordable price
This ethernet cable has the same features as the Glanics CAT 8, described above. The difference is in their length. Fortunately, you can save a lot if you don’t need a long cable but really want to buy a novelty. Keep in mind that it’s still better to obtain a shorter one but advanced than using an older model.
Everything We Recommend
NETGEAR Nighthawk S8000 – Great fit!
- ETHERNET PORT CONFIGURATION: 8 Gigabit ports and 2 Multi-gig/10G ports
- CONFIGURATION & CONTROL: Management software with easy-to-use GUI interface offers basic capabilities to configure, secure, and monitor your network
- MODERN DESKTOP DESIGN: The "cool-touch" zinc-alloy outer housing matches its high gaming performance inside
- WHISPER-QUIET DESIGN: Reduces fan noise to protect your home office or business environment
- PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY: Covered by an industry-leading 3-year limited hardware warranty
This is the state-of-the-art gaming and streaming switch is an irreplaceable device for those streamers who strive for having a gaming dashboard for real-time network insights, auto-diagnostics, close-to-zero latency, and high-resolution videos as a result. Sleek and modern design is enclosed herewith. We recommend taking a look at NETGEAR Nighthawk S8000 if you want to move to a new level, more professional one of streaming on Twitch.
NETGEAR Powerline Adapter + Extra Outlet – If you need to extend the network
- 2 ethernet ports
- connects smart TVs, streaming players, and game consoles
- noise-filter power outlet
- multiple data streams (MIMO) with Beamforming technology
- there is no need to configure or install software
Input power: 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz.
Speed: up to 2000 Mbps
A powerline adapter comes in hand when you need to extend the network in the house using your existing electrical wiring. You are likely to know that transmitting a WIFI signal to the Ethernet is very unprofitable if it has to cover a big house. Therefore, we highly recommend to purchase the powerline adapter of the NETGEAR brand, and expand the network through a 120/240 volt power, and thus reduce the data transmission packet loss rate. You just need to plug the Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet into any electrical outlet and plug in your new network connection.
Who should buy this
Ethernet cables are necessary for everyone who is into gaming, streaming or just interested in fast and stable data transmitting speed. They will prove useful for those who download large files and move lots of data such as IT managers, and data center engineers.
These cords are designed to carry a good network signal and provide you with maximum speed.
Please note: wired connections are more reliable, and cope better with speed and performance in spite of our devotion to convenient wireless connections.
What is the Best Ethernet Cable
At the moment, CAT 8 is the newest ethernet cable and therefore is the best one. Extremely good cables are defined according to the following features:
- Fast and stable speed. We will repeat ourselves and mention one more time that CAT 8 supports bandwidth up to 2000 MHZ and 40 Gbps data transmitting speed.
- Choose the ethernet cable that is shielded to reduce interference.
- Pay attention to the universal compatibility with previous models and other devices.
- Mind the length of the cable. If you want to engage in streaming or gaming seriously, the longer the better. The length relates not only to the reach but speed and performance as well.
- The best cable is the one that is durable because made of high-quality materials.
How we Picked and Tested
Since most people are used to using wireless connections and are unlikely to refuse them, we have still made up our mind to make a slight reminder of the importance of ethernet cables. They contribute to higher performance and reliability that is so in need when it comes to streaming and gaming. While picking and testing, we have compared all the existing ethernet cables from CAT 5 to CAT 8 and cleared up their technical improvements of each category. We have investigated lots of reviews and also found out that a powerline adapter and NETGEAR streaming and gaming switch are the things a professional streamer can’t do without. A wireless router should be also added to the cart to ensure your stream a high-resolution display without any issues. Follow this link to familiarize yourself with the selection of best routers for Twitch streaming.
The profound analysis helped us to choose the best products and present them in this article.
Should You Upgrade to CAT 8 Ethernet Cable?
If you aspire to get the cable operating at extremely high speeds, CAT 8 is your only solution. Compared to CAT 7 that has 600 MHz and 10 Gbps maximum data rate, this new ethernet cable can boast of 2000MHz and 25Gbps or 40Gbps. The improvements are noticeable, say yes! What is more, CAT 8 uses an unprecedented 2 billion (2 GHz) signals per second that means that the frequency of the cable is very high. Perhaps, there were no striking differences between CAT 6a and CAT 7. However, they stand very forward when it comes to CAT 8.
Before making a decision in favor of a new ethernet cable, appreciate it as its true value, and interpret its significance and expediency exactly for your activities and hence requirements.
Those streamers who have been in the game for a long time always seek advanced equipment that will help them upgrade their broadcasts. A good cable is not an exception, and it can easily contribute to a better streaming experience. And provide you with global domination on Twitch, we don’t exclude this too.
Ethernet cable connector – Google Patent
How to choose an Ethernet – DigitalTrends
Ethernet network implementing redundancy using a single category 5 cable – Google Patent