After conducting hands-on testing with 6 lighting setups over two years while streaming on Twitch and talking to professional streamers, we think that VILTROX 2-Pack Super Slim LED Lighting Kit is simply the best option for getting professional lighting, while Do-It-Yourself setup based on VILTROX L116T RA CRI95 LED Panel is the choice for amateur streamers. These LED Panels are the best for live-streaming enthusiasts who use their PC and camera seriously and want to provide the highest video quality. For beginners who are really tight on budget, we also have an even more budget-friendly pick.
- 3300K(Yellow)-5600K(White) Bicolor
- Wireless remote control (very important for live streaming)
- Lightweight yet durable Light Stand
- You can even go with a 3x option to make a truly top tier picture
If you are just starting out with the live streaming on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, or any other platform, then it is necessary that your videos are properly lit. Anyone with a decent gaming PC or a modern game console can be a Twitch streamer. However, good lighting is one of the essentials you need for your successful live streaming. Does your live streaming studio space have good natural light or is it a windowless basement? Lighting your subject well is important (and if you’re the host, you’ll want to look good!) Even if your studio space has a lot of natural daylight, you’ll still need to invest in some lighting gear.
Everything We Recommend
Best Lights for Streaming
MOUNTDOG 1350W Photography Studio Soft Box Lighting Kit
- Along with three light bulbs, you will get one extra bulb for the replacement. The bulb has a power of 1350W which gives a good lighting effect on any setup.
- It comes with an adjustable stand which you can extend up to 80” and collapse up to 27.5” for getting different angles.
- The included softbox can be adjusted up to 210-degree for achieving great lighting effects.
- This kit includes a carrying bag which will help you to take this lighting set up anywhere you go with convenience.
- You will get a one-year warranty from the company.
The professional photo and video lighting kit from MOUNTDOG is an ideal lighting option for video streaming on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Musical.ly, etc.
👎Might have a hard time using the on/off switch for the softboxes
Fancierstudio Lighting and Green Screen Kit
- Softboxes feel well made
- Includes a carrying bag that is better suited for storage only
- Benefits to a soft box is that it produces light which is more even than light coming from an umbrella
This set has got all your bases covered for a green screen, backdrop stand and lighting for a reasonable price. You can’t beat the price for what you’re getting. It’s obviously not meant to be a professional set up, but with the proper setup and light positioning, you can achieve some great results!
This kit comes TWO 16″x24″ softbox on for fill light, one for key light and ONE 16″x16″ easy softbox for your hair light. You could use two 4 light heads as your main light and the 105W as your fill light or hair light. Light output is adjustable with 4 light outputs.
The placement of the lights is key here. The light bulbs themselves are adequate. The overhead light is pretty bright. However, the two lights for the screen are a bit tricky. It might take some time to find the right position to get nice consistent lighting across the screen. Brighter lights here would have helped, but again, for the price, you can’t complain.
NEEWER 160 LED CN-160 Panel Lights for Streaming
- This panel consists of 160 LEDs with two included
- On/off switch to change the brightness level according to the outside lighting.
- The high-quality LED bulbs have a lifespan of over 50000 hours.
- The included battery adapter allows you to use the compatible rechargeable batteries from Sony and Panasonic for optimum performance.
- It has illumination levels of 40lux, 70lux, 120lux, 240lux, and 900lux & a color temperature of 5600K and 3200K with a filter.
It is the most popular mounted camera light available online. The lightweight and durable construction of this unit makes it extremely portable. It is perfect for making and streaming live videos on YouTube, Twitch, etc.
The Neewer CN-160 can mount to any standard hot shoe on most DSLR or digital video cameras as well as tripods and light stands equipped with a hot shoe mount or 1/4″ thread. It is also equipped with a pivoting head, allowing you to raise or lower the light’s angle. The light is battery powered and requires 6x AA Lithium-Ion batteries.
The LED camcorder lamp light allows you to link lights together to make larger light. Features 160-LED lights for optimum illumination and diffuser. Helps to ensure your pictures’ perfect settings.
There are 2 filters included with this item, with Spotlight effect, Diffuse effect, and for reducing the color temperature to 3200K. The light intensity can be changed to offer professional effects.
Adopts concentration LED lights, irradiation distance can reach more than 5m, suitable for long-distance shooting. the light can also be adjusted from concentrating light to diffusing light which is suitable for short-distance shooting.
LimoStudio Lighting Umbrella Kit
- Two professional tripod/light stands
- Two High-quality light socket
- Two High quality 33-inch white umbrella reflector made of enhanced nylon
- 3 Compact fluorescent daylight balanced photo light bulbs, 45w/6000k
- Carry case
- The set is easy to pack up/set up and carry around
LimoStudio Lighting Umbrella Kit is great for lighting up your face when you’re on stream or for a green screen setup. These high-output daylights balanced compact fluorescent bulbs are ideally suited for broadcasters and digital photography.
A mini light stand included in the set provides lighting from various levels that can help eliminate shadows and/or can be used to create effects.
The only thing I wish with this particular bundle is that they included the white umbrellas. It works, but an awful lot of the light that you want reflecting back (hence the umbrellas) just pass through the very thin material they are made of.
Great price considering how efficient it is, I also like that it is compact when you store it or want to bring somewhere.
What Lights Do Streamers Use?
When you’re streaming great production quality is one way to grab in more viewers and show them you care to bring them the best quality content available.
Lighting your webcam properly is part of this process. You don’t want your viewers to think you are in some creepy, uninviting dungeon, do you? Proper lighting in your environment can be easy to not think about. It will make your viewers feel good while watching your content, without you even having to do anything.
As mentioned, it’s important to buy the right lighting equipment, and it’s easy to make the mistake of overspending. Check the list of the suggested equipment above to choose the best light for streaming within your budget.
It turns out there are millions of people around the globe who want to sit and watch other people play video games all day. But nobody is eager to watch a dark bad quality video. Lighting is extremely important if you are using your streaming webcam for Twitch. It makes you look more presentable, and more importantly, helps you have a cleaner body outline when you use a green screen key.