If a streamer or a gamer was lucky to call out Jinn from the magic lamp and could make three wishes, we are sure that they would be the following: as quick as lightning speed for data transfer, all possible state-of-the-art streaming equipment, and therefore an undoubted success in the Twitch world. If there was an opportunity to make the fourth wish, it would definitely be to get the best prebuilt gaming PC under $800. It is a well-known fact that PCs with integrated video cards work worse than their prebuilt gaming colleagues. What is more, there is no need for spending all the budget of the world to buy one as you might think.
We are not Jinn and there is no magic here. After carrying on solid research, attentive observation of the streamers’ PCs, and testing the devices of various brands, we are ready to boast of outstanding prebuilt gaming PCs under $800 that we have found. According to our deep analysis, CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC GXiVR8060A8 is the best bet in this category, and SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer PC Desktop gets the silver medal.
We are going to feature some other praiseworthy devices and throw some light on their virtues in this article. Go ahead and familiarize yourself with them.
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC GXiVR8060A8
- the latest series of mid-level graphics cards from Nvidia
- great looking case, VR Ready
- RGB 7 colors gaming mouse
- 802.11AC WiFi Adapter which can be used with a 5GHz WiFi connection
- 8GB of DDR4, 2400MHz RAM
- easy to set up and therefore quick access to gaming
Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM: 8GB DDR4
Storage: 240GB SSD/1TB HDD
Graphics: NVIDIA GForce GTX 1660 6GB
When you buy this prebuilt gaming computer, you get it with a mouse, keyboard, wireless and the Windows 10 Home operating system. Having the high-performing Intel Core processors and extremely quick DDR RAM, this desktop device easily handles high definition video playback, gaming, and provides smooth multimedia experience. The main focus in this PC is on the graphics card and the CPU that makes it a real godsend for streamers.
SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer PC
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 Video Card
- 8 GB Gaming Memory DDR4 3000 with Heat Spreader
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Gaming Keyboard & Mouse
- Hard Drive: 500GB SSD
- consistent color schemes
Processor: 3.4 GHz Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 8GB DDR4 3000
Storage: 500GB SSD
Graphics: NVIDIA GForce GTX 1660 6GB
According to the customer reviews, SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer PC usually exceeds the expectations. It is a powerful pre-built gaming PC that is notable for its ultra-low noise level, speedy performance, and overall quality-of-build. Fast performance for Esports, AAA gaming, and live streaming is guaranteed. According to SkyTech Gaming, Blaze II is built to play the biggest games of today and upgradeable for the games of tomorrow. And that’s, you know, a great statement to take into account!
- Processor: Intel Core i5-9400F 6-core 2.9GHz (4.1 GHz Max Boost)
- RAM: 4GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
- Wi-Fi: 802.11AC PCIe
- due to the GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card, this PC is perfect for the latest high-definition games
- Intel’s 9th Gen Core i5 CPUs and Nvidia 16 series graphics you get speed & power that dominates the most popular games
- vibrant RGB lighting and consistent color schemes
- fast performance for Esports and AAA gaming
- gaming keyboard & mouse included
Equipped with a speedy Intel Core processor, the SkyTech Shadow provides a great gaming performance overall. This PC comes with a GTX 1650 (4GB) and VR-Ready GPU which means frame rates on modern games are quite decent. You will be able to play such games as The Division 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider and GTA V, Apex Legends, Fortnite, and others in the highest detail and at smooth frame rates. Along with gaming, the SkyTech Shadow is also a good solution for 1080p, HD+, recording, and streaming.
Everything We Recommend
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC GXiVR8060A8 is our winner product because of staggering performance thanks to its powerful CPU and GPU pairing.
SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer PC is a high-quality device with speedy performance to provide you with smooth gaming experience.
SkyTech Shadow is a cheap but still powerful device that was designed to push the limit of the gaming experience.
Who Should Buy a Prebuilt Gaming Computer
As obvious from the title, prebuilt gaming PCs are designed mainly for gamers. To be more precise, for those gamers who are interested in getting a powerful machine without any issues. Basically, prebuilt gaming desktops have a dedicated Graphics Card that handles well all the games of the past years, and does its best to handle all the latest games as well. What is more, if you do not want to waste your time and money on building your own custom PC, its prebuilt gaming colleague is your practical solution. Well, and we are going to add some more details to finally convince you that Prebuilt Gaming PCs are really worth purchasing: powerful systems for gaming, easy to set up, and are usually a great value for money.
Top 6 Prebuilt Gaming PCs under $800
[Ryzen & GTX 1050 Ti Edition] SkyTech ArchAngel Gaming Computer Desktop PC
- Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM HDD
- vibrant RGB lighting and consistent color schemes
- professional cabling
- Ryzen 3's powerful 4 processor cores increase performance for gaming
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Graphics Coprocessor: Geforce GTX
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 Gaming Memory
Wi-Fi: 802.11 ac
The Skytech ArchAngel 1050 Ti offers a fast and powerful performance that all gamers aspire to. Immersive graphics, advanced intelligent ‘Zen’ architecture, reliable processor, and all other quality components such as gaming memory with heat spreader and higher grade power supply make this very prebuilt gaming PC under $800 really praiseworthy.
Acer Nitro 50 N50-600-NESelecti7RX580 Desktop
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8700 Processor (Up to 4.6GHz)
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 with 4GB of GDDR5 Video Memory
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 ac
- creative Sound Blaster 360°
- capable of delivering stunning 4K resolution and is VR ready
- SSD-like performance with a mega storage capacity
- striking design
- high-performance DDR4 memory up to 64 GB
- supports up to 3 monitors
The high-performance Nitro 50 PC delivers smooth gameplay and trouble-free tasks with rich graphics. Powered with the 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics (VR ready), and other enhanced features, this pre-built gaming PC is always is set to real-life productivity, creativity, smooth gaming, and gripping entertainment.
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Core i5-9400F, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
- high-bandwidth 2666MHz DDR4 RAM RAM with a solid-state drive
- Hard Drive: 256 GB SSD
- bold design, smooth performance, and visuals
- an enhanced thermal solution
- bundle with USB wired keyboard + USB wired optical mouse
- 5.1 Surround Sound output
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
RAM: 16 GB DIMM
Wi-Fi: 802.11 ac
The HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop is about the smooth gaming experience, offering the ability to upgrade, keeping performance up-to-date. No lags, no slowdowns. Just the latest technology and assured success in gaming. HP says that this gaming desktop with its brushed finishing and green LED lighting was built to make a statement. You were likely engaged in gaming to do the same.
Dell i5680-5414BLU-PUS Inspiron Gaming Desktop 5680, Intel Core i5 8400
- high-powered 8th generation processing
- quiet operation
- Hard Disk size: 1 TB
- dynamic audio
- optimal airflow and temperatures
- faster boot and load times on games due to high capacity hard drive
- easy upgradability
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 8 GB DDR4
Wi-Fi: 802.11 ac
In addition to outstanding appearance, this gaming desktop has purposeful design and competitive features. With 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz, powerful processor, and VR-ready graphics, this fast, and future-ready technology will definitely handle the most of gaming tasks.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Octa-core (32M Cache, up to 4.4 GHz)
- RAM: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD | 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
- Hard Drive: 512 GB
- the good internal layout, and a stylish exterior
- cleaner airflow and pressure addressable through controller RGB fans
- USB AC WiFi Adapter & Wired LED Backlit included
- basic mouse and keyboard
ROG Strix fascinates with its external refinement and internal components. It was designed with attention to detail and aspirations for productive capacity. This gaming desktop can boast of a fast Ryzen processor that will do well with the most demanding tasks, and high-end graphics card, suitable for the latest 3D games at high settings.
How we Picked and Tested
There is a great variety of prebuilt gaming PCs, and the choice may be really tough. However, while examining a myriad of devices, we made the conclusion that it is quite possible to find a good one under $800, therefore it’s worth it. To make a clear picture of this piece of equipment, we discussed all the nuances of a perfect gaming PCs with professional gamers, went through a lot of product videos, studied the distinctive features of each machine presented in this guide, investigated lots of reviews, and assessed value for money of each item. What is more, we closely studied the manufacturers to find the most reliable ones. In the process of testing, we picked the games that demand a high-powered processor and dedicated graphics card to perform smoothly.
7 Things you Need to Know Before Buying a Prebuilt Gaming Desktop
As we have already mentioned, there is no need of having a heap of money to purchase a good machine. If a prebuilt gaming desktop beat your desire of building PC yourself, it’s high time you knew several things before taking out your wallet from the pocket.
- Pay attention to the processor (CPU) first and foremost. For example, Ryzen processors can handle multiple tasks at a high level and they are usually cheaper than Intel Core i5. By the way, any other CPU besides those mentioned above are not comparable in performance. With Intel Core i5 and Ryzen 5, you will be able to play most modern games comfortably at any resolution.
- Your gaming experience strongly depends on the Graphics Card (GPU) too. The Nvidia GTX 1660 for playing games on a 1080p display is considered a perfect match.
- If you do not want a slow-moving machine, please mind RAM before making a purchase. Basically, 8 GB is quite enough to let you play most games without any issues. You will be lucky to get 16GB of memory in the PCs under $800. It will be useful for future upgrades of your rig.
- Warranty and technical support. Usually, this is lifelong support and a 1-year warranty. A prebuilt gaming PC’s warranty includes every single part of the system.
- Choose a gaming desktop in favor of upgrade-friendly. At some point, you would like to replace some parts, and it would be better to invest in the component than change an entire preconfigured case.
- Buy a VR-ready system if possible. The immersive experience is a trend of the past, current, and perhaps several next years. It is quite cool to get inside the game and double the pleasure.
- The more ports, the better. Chose a system with at least six USB 3.0 ports, three DisplayPorts, and an HDMI port.
Is Gaming Computer Under $800 a Good Choice?
We are not going to persuade you that gaming computers under $800 are an excellent choice. Nevertheless, they usually justify the prices. $800 is a quite reasonable price for a machine with mid-level specs that let you have good gaming experience. Investing in the desktop around $1000 and more, you will obviously get better CPU, RAM, at least two hard drives or SSDs. It’s necessary to define the games you are going to play, roughly estimate which kind of PC will handle them well, and then move on to the purchase.
Read also our review of gaming PCs under $700 and prebuilt streaming PCs.